The Hazardous Realm
The Hazardous Realm
READ ONLY MODE

The forum is now in read-only mode! It's only kept around for informative purposes and to prevent deadlinks!
Use e-mail to contact me instead. Any announcements would be made on my twitter account and any discussions would use some public platform instead.

Problem with Maya in "Limb from Limb" singleplayer

All topics related to the game 'Die by the Sword' and it's add-on 'Limb from Limb' go into this board!

by kosmetic » 08 Jan 2008 12:15

Hello i need acess or just answer to my question. I am playing Limb exp pack and i have encoutered troubles. While beeing in area in wich you engounter first black mantises as Maya i cant open wooden doors. I dont have this problem while playing as minotaur. I would finish Limbs with monotaur but its not easy to play with him for me, weapon is hard to control and im used to normal character much well. Also his jumps arent really good - i couldnt enter few areas and had alot of problems in many places just because no ability to jump well. Btw to open those doors you need opening scroll but having it as maya does nothing. With minotaur theres no problem with opening doors. Any help with this? I tried to load game from various points but its always same for me. If its game bug - unfixed one then maybe someone can give list of characters wich are able to finish Limbs exp pack - Im very far with my minotaur, dont know where but seems to be something like level 6+. Maya cant pass doors any other characters with same/other problem when trying to finish game?

Its so sad because maya is my favourite character - very agile, jumps high and has good shield, i have won tournament on highest diffuculty with her with single death(in area where ogre can knock you off platform and you die - thats where i died only once). Maybe some savegame or savegame editor? tried to check hex structure unfortunately there are too many variables to change - would take too much time and testing. Or maybe some cheat code? But one wich is suposed to teleport you to nearest savepoint aint working in Limbs. Please help.
kosmetic
User

by kosmetic » 08 Jan 2008 12:24

also i can upload save game but its far from perfect - tried to replay area in order to open doors so many times that my best progress was overwritten. Maybe just use cheats to go near those doors to see?

Character name is Maya, same is folder name with save
here are links:
http://www1.zippyshare.com/links.jsp?link=1
http://www.mediafire.com/?alugcb3rlgj
kosmetic
User

by Hazard » 08 Jan 2008 20:39

Hi kosmetic, welcome on board! I've put your postings in an own thread to keep it organized. :)
I've never played the singleplayer adventure with other chars than enric and thus can't tell you which chars are affected by the bug. it might be possible to identify the bug and fix it in the level script, but the game doesn't run for me currently. i'll take a look at the game files but i'm not sure if i'm able to catch the bug that way.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by kosmetic » 10 Jan 2008 13:32

Ive managed to fix that stuff by myself - theres appernetly some stupid bug wich requires you to crouch and jump in front of doors while pressing action key. Doors should open at some point after many tries that worked for me. Also minotaur character - wtf is with him? He's so lazy jumper - sometimes when im forced to jump over lava, i cant make jump long enough and im forced to run thru it - this takes some HP and at higher diff levels HP is thing wich you should worry about all the time.
kosmetic
User

Return to 'Die by the Sword' Fan and Modding Community