The Hazardous Realm
The Hazardous Realm
READ ONLY MODE

The forum is now in read-only mode! It's only kept around for informative purposes and to prevent deadlinks!
Use e-mail to contact me instead. Any announcements would be made on my twitter account and any discussions would use some public platform instead.

multiplayer - use gameranger

All topics related to the game 'Die by the Sword' and it's add-on 'Limb from Limb' go into this board!

multiplayer - use gameranger

by apc » 03 Nov 2012 05:04

Multiplayer is really good but it's hard to find a game when so few people play. I have played on hamachi but there is rarely anyone on, and the network is private so random people don't see the game.

Gameranger is a matchmaker service that supports other popular games and has a built in friends list/messenger. Also if you host a game there, it will be shown publicly in the game list so a random person might see it and join.

add me on gameranger email: dhald@hotmail.com
apc
User

Re: multiplayer - use gameranger

by Hazard » 03 Nov 2012 06:40

Welcome to the community and thanks for the suggestion! Gameranger looks decent. Does it work out-of-the-box for DBTS without additional configuration? It certainly would be great if it did, combined with the ability to publicly see currently open games.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

Re: multiplayer - use gameranger

by apc » 10 Nov 2012 01:06

I haven't tried it yet but DBTS shows up in my 'game list' and I can host a game, but can't launch with only 1 person. I'm using game ranger to play a few other games and it works really fast - just click launch and your in the game. You don't have to enter the IP and manually start up the game. Not like that's a big deal but having a ready-made games list would make finding the game much more likely I think.
apc
User

Return to 'Die by the Sword' Fan and Modding Community