The Hazardous Realm
The Hazardous Realm
READ ONLY MODE

The forum is now in read-only mode! It's only kept around for informative purposes and to prevent deadlinks!
Use e-mail to contact me instead. Any announcements would be made on my twitter account and any discussions would use some public platform instead.

DbtS FAQ & Troubleshooting

All topics related to the game 'Die by the Sword' and it's add-on 'Limb from Limb' go into this board!

DbtS FAQ & Troubleshooting

by Hazard » 05 Jan 2006 21:37

Post FAQs, Tips&Tricks and Solutions for common DbtS Problems here. I'll insert the most useful of them into this first posting.

Where can i get the game?

Good Old Games is selling Die by the Sword and with Limb From Limb for a few dollars.
You can buy it here: DBTS on GOG.com

How to play DBTS in high resolutions?

Easiest and (IMO) best solution is to get DbtS Xtended. It includes a new Direct3D9 engine that supports all common resolutions, alongside some other nice features.

You can also use Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper or dgVoodoo.
It emulates a 3DFX card ontop of OpenGL. Open the GlideWrapper's Configurator and make sure that it is set to "Try high res". You may set other graphical options too if you want (like "Force trilinear"). If you got a modern graphics card (GeForce5, Radeon 9500 or higher) you should select "Most fancy shaders".
Now run DbtS. If you got Windows XP you'll have to set the Compatibility to "Windows 95" to get the 3D Accelerator Selection Dialog.
Select 3DFX and enjoy!

I don't seem to be able to start a new LFL Quest. Everytime i click on it, the savegames dialog is displayed, only containing my DbtS savegames

Yes, the "Restart Game" option, available if you select "DbtS Quest" earlier, seems to be missing in the LFL dialog. Best way is to create a new user, the game will now automatically start the quest when you click on "LFL Quest". This issue is fixed in DbtS Xtended now.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by Sabzevarian » 23 May 2007 09:01

This didn't seem to have any effect at all, although that Accelerator Selection Dialog never came up (I seem to recall it did sometime after I installed the game, but no longer)
Sabzevarian
User

by roid » 26 May 2007 12:07

Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper made my screen upsidedown.
But dgVoodoo worked for me http://dege.freeweb.hu/

you put it in the DBTS directory and run dgVoodooSetup.exe, choose the max resolution.
roid
User

Force feedback trouble

by Cpk » 24 Sep 2007 15:26

When I use Microsoft Force Feedback Pro on joystick VSIM with invert Y on, the swing force feedback of Y axis doesn't work well. There is a little resistance of power when I swing the joystick vertically, and it's too smaller than the resistance of power with X axis.

However, if invert Y is off(probablly off is default), the force feedback of Y works well and it's enough. But I want to play with invert Y on because I move joystick right down then Enric moves his sword right up when invert Y is off. Practically it's upside down and I'm really confused.

Demo of DBTS doesn't have the setting of invert and it works only with invert Y off(again, it's upside down). I guess they didn't test it well...

Does anyone have any info or solution to give it enough power?
(I play it without the power off with invert on at this moment)

joystick's driver: default sidewinder driver included in WinXP
Cpk
User

by MelDoRg » 11 Nov 2008 22:02

Hm... No effect at all..
MelDoRg
User

Return to 'Die by the Sword' Fan and Modding Community