The Hazardous Realm
The Hazardous Realm
READ ONLY MODE

The forum is now in read-only mode! It's only kept around for informative purposes and to prevent deadlinks!
Use e-mail to contact me instead. Any announcements would be made on my twitter account and any discussions would use some public platform instead.

Die by the Sword - Xtended v1.6.0

All topics related to the game 'Die by the Sword' and it's add-on 'Limb from Limb' go into this board!

Re: Die by the Sword - Xtended v1.02

by the thing 5632 » 10 Feb 2010 23:15

and....
can you guys help me?
i forgot how to get the downloaded\custom maps to work =p

You have to put the ATD file of the map into the data folder and pack the EVT file into the scenes.atd package. My maps contained in the Modpack are compatible with the Modmanager included in the Xtended Launcher and thus are easy to install.

thanks!
and..hey
all the chars and arenas at the downlaod page are made by you?
because they are all from 2002,but they are great!!
why dont u make more characters and arenas? my game is needing it =p

sry for my damn english
the thing 5632
User

by Hazard » 11 Feb 2010 00:28

thanks!
and..hey

sry for my damn english

Yes, i'm hosting only my stuff on the page at the moment. those chars and arenas are even older, actually. i created them in 1999, 11 years ago. :) Creating stuff for DbtS is still very intricate. I always wanted to make an easy to use level editor, but never finished it. But i guess that it will be release someday. i do not plan to abandon DbtS anytime soon. ;)

BTW: No need to excuse for imperfect english. Most people here aren't native english speakers. Everyone is welcome here, no matter what his or her native language is, as long as we are able to somehow communicate in english. Your english is fine. :)
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by nuthriz » 11 Feb 2010 12:15

Indeed, that level editor would be very nice. Could get some fresh breeze into the community.
nuthriz
User

by Darkfox » 12 Feb 2010 20:42

Great work Hazard! I actually still have Die by the Sword installed since my last visit. :D
Darkfox
User

by the thing 5632 » 14 Feb 2010 17:06

thanks!
and..hey

sry for my damn english

Yes, i'm hosting only my stuff on the page at the moment. those chars and arenas are even older, actually. i created them in 1999, 11 years ago. :) Creating stuff for DbtS is still very intricate. I always wanted to make an easy to use level editor, but never finished it. But i guess that it will be release someday. i do not plan to abandon DbtS anytime soon. ;)

BTW: No need to excuse for imperfect english. Most people here aren't native english speakers. Everyone is welcome here, no matter what his or her native language is, as long as we are able to somehow communicate in english. Your english is fine. :)

but,you will not make characters or arenas for dbts anymore?
the thing 5632
User

by tons0phun » 13 Mar 2010 21:18

Hello there,

I wanted to bring up a technical issue I've been having with DBtS since I have installed the Xtended modification.
I understand it is "As is" and post this more with the intention of providing feedback and steps towards debugging. :)
And I can still play arena, so my sanity...or lack of, remains.

Anyways, when I start the DBtS Quest I get this error as soon as Enric become player-controllable in the first level.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/t ... Error1.jpg

The game then closes, and this error message is displayed.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/t ... Error2.jpg

Here are the current settings I have the game running under...
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/t ... edMods.jpg

And here are the mods I have activated.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/t ... ttings.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated; I'm playing the game on a Livestream channel with lots of viewers, and I'm getting to expose a lot of people to the game. Beyond that I'm also considering recording it for "Let's Play"

That, and I haven't done the quest in a while and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. :D

In any case, thanks for your time that you've been putting into the game all these years! It's sincerely appreciated.
tons0phun
User

by Hazard » 14 Mar 2010 00:15

Strange. The error happens while the game is trying to create the screenshot for a savegame. But i do not understand WHY this error occurs, because it works fine here on several PCs with different windows versions. I did some changes to the problematic code now to make it more robust, but i can't imagine that any of those might fix the problem. Yet it might still be possible. I'll anyway release a new version soon including some cool new features. Let's just hope the problem is gone with it. :)

@the thing 5632: i never said that i won't do new chars and arenas. i just want to create the proper tools first, to make the job easier. ;)
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by udm » 14 Mar 2010 07:21

Hey Hazard I hope all is well. Still very much looking forward to making some good stuff for DBTS :)
udm
User

by nuthriz » 14 Mar 2010 12:04

...and waiting fot The Tool ^^.

As for now, one info: I previously ran DBTS on a machine with GeForce 4 MX 440 64MB card - and there the "9.0" mode, the most improved one, was quite glitchy and not too playable. Now I'm playing it on my new (but not exactly "New" and not yet fully assembled the way I'd want it) gear with Ati Radeon 9200 64MB graphics card - and everything goes just the way it should.
nuthriz
User

by Hazard » 14 Mar 2010 18:24

...and waiting fot The Tool ^^.

As for now, one info: I previously ran DBTS on a machine with GeForce 4 MX 440 64MB card - and there the "9.0" mode, the most improved one, was quite glitchy and not too playable. Now I'm playing it on my new (but not exactly "New" and not yet fully assembled the way I'd want it) gear with Ati Radeon 9200 64MB graphics card - and everything goes just the way it should.

Yes, the GeForce 4 cards do not support 2.0 pixel shaders that are used by Xtended. It works without them, but more by accident than by design. :) I actually thought about moving Xtended to DX11 in future versions to use the amazing DX11 Tesselation to improve the games polycount.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by Rolo » 09 Apr 2010 11:34

I'm getting an error that 'TTextureTCT20' is not valid.

2010-04-09 06:29:13 f0 - Initializing DbtS Xtended Direct3D9 Engine v1.02 (1600x1200)!
2010-04-09 06:29:13 f0 - ERROR on Init:
System.Exception: Technique 'TTextureTCT20' is not valid!
at as.f(String A_0)
at DBTS.xEngine.EngineCore.j()
at DBTS.xEngine.EngineCore.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at i.c(EventArgs A_0)
at i.a(rz A_0, Int32 A_1, PresentParameters A_2)
at a0..ctor(i A_0, IntPtr A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3, Int32 A_4, Boolean A_5, Boolean A_6, Int32 A_7, Int32 A_8, Int32 A_9)
at DBTS.xEngine.EngineCore.Init(IntPtr hWnd)

Not quite sure what causes it or how to fix it, the game crashes at launch.
Rolo
User

by White_genesis » 11 Apr 2010 10:21

Hi, I've been having an interesting problem..

When I start the game from xlauncher, in gives me this error "The application failed to initialize properly - 0xc0000005" and the game wont run..
I've tried installing the .net framework 3.5 and 2.0 but nothing, I used the application to update my directX, still, nothing. I also tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package, but nothing. -how the hell am I gonna get this to work, it looks so awesome in so many ways, so please help!

Oh, I'm running on xp sp2, 1.6Ghz, 1Gb. radeon Xpress 200M series. (On a laptop, yes..)

Thanks in advance :)

btw, when i disable the xtended mode from the launcher, it runs fine, but surprise, looks like shit.
White_genesis
User

Re:

by lawrencez » 20 Apr 2010 16:08

great!
i've gotta look for the game to try it out

kinda disappointed that long after the release of wii there's still not any good sword fighting game coming out..

I keep on searching a good sword fighting game that are coming out, because I really like in sword fighting in real too.
lawrencez
User

by Yoshikcz » 20 May 2010 22:46

Hi Hazard,

I have searched for any hires DBTS MOD for a long time and I really enjoy your work.
Well, I'd enjoy. My friends have it fully functional (Vista, Win7...) but I have almost same issue as White_genesis:

"The application failed to initialize properly - 0xc0000005" (I have Czech Win XP, but the alert is the same, only translated).

I use DX9c, NETFramework 3.5 etc. I reinstalled all possible software recommended.
Hardware: Desktop PC, WinXP, AMD Athlon, NVidia GeForce 7600 GS...

I am able to run DBTS via Launcher without Xtended MOD either fullsrceen or windowed, but it is the old DBTS, lowres etc.

EDIT: No log file seems to be created, as the game do not even run. If Xtended is activated via Launcher, game crashes instantly (windowed or fullscreen) with the alert above.
Yoshikcz
User

by Dardash » 29 Aug 2010 15:13

Hi!

I got the message that my version of Dbts is unknown so I'm reporting the CRC code: -565628769.

I have version 1.04 PL (Polish), it's without Limb from Limb expansion.

Regards,
Dardash
Dardash
User

PreviousNext

Return to 'Die by the Sword' Fan and Modding Community