The Hazardous Realm
The Hazardous Realm
READ ONLY MODE

The forum is now in read-only mode! It's only kept around for informative purposes and to prevent deadlinks!
Use e-mail to contact me instead. Any announcements would be made on my twitter account and any discussions would use some public platform instead.

File read error in misc.atd: ACTORS.LST

All topics related to the game 'Die by the Sword' and it's add-on 'Limb from Limb' go into this board!

File read error in misc.atd: ACTORS.LST

by Res » 31 Mar 2012 13:26

whenever I try to start up the game from the launcher I end up getting this error every time. Plus even though I have mods in the mod folder, the mod option isn't highlighted. Please help... I really wanna play this game!
Res
User

Re: File read error in misc.atd: ACTORS.LST

by Hazard » 31 Mar 2012 13:41

Do you have the DBTS add-on "Limb from Limb" installed? It is required for DBTS Xtended.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by Res » 01 Apr 2012 04:38

Do you have the DBTS add-on "Limb from Limb" installed? It is required for DBTS Xtended.

Yes. I also have the game fully patched so I really don't know what could be happening...
Res
User

by Hazard » 01 Apr 2012 14:23

Okay, i've quickly written a small tool to check for missing DBTS files. Try to run it and post the result here, please. Installations from disc seem to be missing files sometimes. If this tool finds the missing files i might implement such a check in the Xtendend launcher, to find and fix what is missing.

temp.hazardx.com/checkdbts.exe
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by Res » 02 Apr 2012 01:33

here are the results. Oddly enough I don't see anything about the misc.atd file I was having issues with in this list. But I'm still missing quite a bit.
Missing original DBTS files:
-----------------------
data\cuts.atd
data\dummy.atd
data\game_lv1.atd
data\game_lv2.atd
data\game_lv3.atd
data\game_lv4.atd
data\game_lv5.atd
data\game_lv7.atd
data\game_lv8.atd
data\game_lv9.atd
data\music.atd
data\ropes.atd
data\tentacle.atd
data\trainer.atd
data\watrtent.atd
Res
User

by Hazard » 02 Apr 2012 01:41

here are the results. Oddly enough I don't see anything about the misc.atd file I was having issues with in this list. But I'm still missing quite a bit.

It is indeed odd that he is complaining about misc.atd in this case. Oh well, try to insert the CD of the original game (not the add on) and copy over the mentioned files from the CD into the Data folder of your game installation. Chances are good that it'll work afterwards.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

Return to 'Die by the Sword' Fan and Modding Community