The Hazardous Realm
The Hazardous Realm
READ ONLY MODE

The forum is now in read-only mode! It's only kept around for informative purposes and to prevent deadlinks!
Use e-mail to contact me instead. Any announcements would be made on my twitter account and any discussions would use some public platform instead.

Unofficial DbtS Xtended mod suggestion/bug thread

All topics related to the game 'Die by the Sword' and it's add-on 'Limb from Limb' go into this board!

Unofficial DbtS Xtended mod suggestion/bug thread

by Raptor » 13 Jul 2009 03:35

Made this so we don't have 2130951 threads saying "I want x".

Minor rendering bug on severed limbs as seen here...

There are also a lot of other rendering bugs I'ved noticed. No animated fire (not sure if it ever was to begin with), sprites showing through walls,

Suggestions I have...

Allow the ability to show health/limb damage when you are knocked down. Also, a toggle button for this would be nice as well. Maybe a toggle which shows health and then you hold a limb damage button so see that damage. I dont' know, anything better than the current system :P

As I've mentioned in another thread better networking support if feasible

Possibly somehow allow VSIM controls for characters like the Golem or Trog? Maybe the mouse controls both the arms?
Another possibility isd to allow both arcade controls to be on with VSIM controls so you dont' have to switch your controls every time you want to use a trog/golem or we.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Back to playing c:

[edit]It would be pretty cool if I could, say, hold right mouse button and then when I move my mouse, I would move my left arm (So the shield could become more effective for blocking).

[edit2]I just remember, after playing with Hexler in the arena earlier (God I love this player), a mod which implements this same concept to single player where all characters (the player included) will be dismembered in a single hit. IT would be like playing with the dismemberment cheat on Jedi Outcast/Academy.
Raptor
User

Re: Unofficial DbtS Xtended mod suggestion/bug thread

by udm » 13 Jul 2009 05:11

I wouldn't hold my breath on these suggestions. I believe most of Xtended works on external libraries, since Treyarch never gave the source code for the game - and most of those suggestions would probably require the source code

Besides, Xtended is more of a "bugfix". Some of these suggestions can be done as an external mod. Don't forget, Hazard is just one man.

Regarding the health suggestion, there's always F3. It's more than enough for me. :)
udm
User

by Raptor » 13 Jul 2009 16:00

Nothing is impossible. I don't know how much of an understanding of DbtS he has or doesn't have. this just just a suggestion of features we'd like to see. Not like we're telling him he has to implement.
Raptor
User

by Hazard » 13 Jul 2009 16:34

Yes, nothing is impossible. DbtS Xtended uses external libraries, but they inject some code directly into the games memory to change or extend existing behavior. Thus everything can be changed.

Feel free to suggest anything you would like to see changed / added / fixed in the game.

But keep in mind that i can't promise anything. Finding the correct memory adresses is timeconsuming and pretty hard to do, thus i cannot tell you if or when any of those suggestions will be included. I will look at all suggestions, but will not comment on most of them until i found a way or specific hint on how to implement it.

For the texture bugs: If you notice such a bug (like an object that should be animated but isn't), please note where it happend if possible, for me to be able to reproduce the bug.

I'm currently trying to add a small healthbar to the top left corner of the screen.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by Raptor » 17 Jul 2009 04:22

Pretty much any fire I've seen (on the ground) has not been animated. I do not remember if it was to begin with or not though.
Raptor
User

by Hazard » 17 Jul 2009 05:25

Pretty much any fire I've seen (on the ground) has not been animated. I do not remember if it was to begin with or not though.

I haven't played much of the quests with Xtended yet.Only a few levels of DBTS and LFL. The fires were all animated. The torches were not, but that should be fixed now in v1.01 . The problem is that some objects have a .bmp texture assigned, while they SHOULD use the .ban (animation) file. Xtended just loads the .bmp file in this case. I guess i have to add an extra step in which Xtended searchers for a .ban file of the same name.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by Raptor » 29 Jul 2009 16:28

Found a lot more graphical issues...

Buggy lava rendoring
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 4-3127.jpg

Steps showing through the wall even though they are behind it
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 5-5794.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 6-8356.jpg

More of similar glitch
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 1-8446.jpg

One thing that has always pissed me off has been fighting these guys
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 6-4179.jpg

And improvement that could possibly be made is give him a model but make it very transparent (so he can still be seen). Maybe some kinda weird diffraction or gas effect. Idea on how to do this is give him a modified model of enric and replace the skin with something transparent.
Raptor
User

Return to 'Die by the Sword' Fan and Modding Community