The Hazardous Realm
The Hazardous Realm
READ ONLY MODE

The forum is now in read-only mode! It's only kept around for informative purposes and to prevent deadlinks!
Use e-mail to contact me instead. Any announcements would be made on my twitter account and any discussions would use some public platform instead.

Difficulty bug?

All topics related to the game 'Die by the Sword' and it's add-on 'Limb from Limb' go into this board!

Difficulty bug?

by VanBurenPhilips » 07 Nov 2011 22:09

I noticed while playing through a quest on Squire difficulty, occasionally I'd complete a level and see that it had changed to Champion difficulty,complete with 5x score multiplier. I loaded various saves and looking at the pause menu, it seemed to have changed to Champion at some point within the level. Changing it back during play: sometimes the difficulty I had selected would stick until the end of the level, sometimes it wouldn't. Now I'm trying to play Lord difficulty but it never sticks - it continues to say Lord in the pause menu, but then says Champion at level end and awards me 5x score every single time.

Does anyone else get this? Or is it just me? :?
VanBurenPhilips
User

Re: Difficulty bug?

by Hazard » 07 Nov 2011 22:38

Yes, i had this bug too, even in the unmodded version of the game. I remember that i manually changed the difficulty setting in the DBTS.INI file in the game directory and in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Treyarch\Die By The Sword\1.0 to "Lord" and it helped. Maybe i'll be able to fix it with Xtended some day.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

Re: Difficulty bug?

by VanBurenPhilips » 08 Nov 2011 13:15

Ah yeah, I meant to mention that I'd tried it in plain windie too and it did not seem to be related to xtended, but I forgot :oops: Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.
VanBurenPhilips
User

Return to 'Die by the Sword' Fan and Modding Community