The Hazardous Realm
The Hazardous Realm
READ ONLY MODE

The forum is now in read-only mode! It's only kept around for informative purposes and to prevent deadlinks!
Use e-mail to contact me instead. Any announcements would be made on my twitter account and any discussions would use some public platform instead.

Battlefield Editor

All topics related to the game 'Die by the Sword' and it's add-on 'Limb from Limb' go into this board!

Battlefield Editor

by ChessCheese » 08 Aug 2013 01:31

Firstly, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for making the MODs, I LOVE this game!!!!!!!

I have heard a legend that there is a "battlefield editor" which allows the player to edit the details about which characters will participate in a huge battle (yes I know there is already a map in your xlauncher that does kinda that but only enric is available as soldiers).

So does anyone know how can I get the battlefield editor or simply edit the battlefield map in order to change the soldiers to whatever I like or increase their number? I would appreciate very much, thank you!
ChessCheese
User

Re: Battlefield Editor

by Hazard » 10 Aug 2013 10:37

Yes, there was a Battlefield Editor once. It allowed you to select the amount of NPCs (up to 36) and their races, location and team. The map was always just flat terrain, though (like the Battlefield map in my modpack).
But it created the map in an old mod format that isn't supported anymore by the Modmager included in the Xtended Launcher. Which is why i removed the download.
Updating the Battlefield Editor to the new format would be a lot of work, because the old one was made in a programming language that i don't use anymore. I'd have to rewrite most of it. And the Editor isn't worth the work, IMO. You use it once or twice and then it's boring.

What you can do when you have the Battlefield mod installed is to go to the moddata\aBattle folder in your DBTS installation and edit the levelevents.evt file with Notepad. Look for actor_add commands and change the race/variant names to whatever you want. (Careful: the moddata folder is lost and gets rebuild when you install other mods. Keep a copy of your modified files somewhere else if you want to keep them.)
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by ChessCheese » 11 Aug 2013 00:17

Thank you Hazard!

I just now learned about the command "spawn" which is very cool allows you to spawn players inside the map and they also respawn when they die which is very cool. If I could just select their team it would be perfect and solve all of my problems.

Is it possible to select the team of a spawned character in a similar way in which you can select the color?
ChessCheese
User

by Hazard » 11 Aug 2013 02:01

Yes, there is, but it's quite laborious. You need to spawn the actor, find it's actor ID, select it and then set it's team.

- First type in "show actors" to display the actor IDs.
- Type in "freeze" to prevent all enemies from moving. Great for setting up multiple actors.
- Now spawn the actor.
- Select the actor using "select actorX" where X is the ID. The actor should now have a * behind it's ID. (Note, there is NO space between "actor" and the numeric ID.)
- Now use for example "set team 2" to assign him to team 2. (0 is the player's team in singleplayer or the team with the skull logo in the arena).
- Use "show none" to hide the actorIDs again and "freeze" to start the action.

Very tedious. Way too tedious to set up a big fight. I always wanted to simplify this whole process, but haven't been working on Xtended for ages. At some point i'll have the free time and and right mood to work on it again, though.
Hazard
Hazardous Code Monkey

by ChessCheese » 11 Aug 2013 03:10

Thank you, it worked. Actors in my team will attack the opposite team, etc. But the spawned chars don't make points when they kill someone, also I don't make points when I kill them. I wish they counted points, but anyway it's still an improvement.

Is there a way to save the game at any point and then load? It would help very much to be able to repeat the same battle I've set up as many times I want.

I think a good way of simplifying it would be to set the team as the actor is created. For example "spawn hexler@3#0" Would spawn hexler in black costume in skull team. This would make it a lot easier, almost instant.
ChessCheese
User

Return to 'Die by the Sword' Fan and Modding Community